Sunday, February 12, 2012

Football!

For the last few weeks I have been going to football practice on Tuesdays, Wednesday mornings, Fridays and Saturdays which has been quite challenging at times. The team has been finalized for the people who will actually be travelling to Dhaka from 14th – 18th March. At first I was unsure if I was going to be able to travel due to concerns from parents about school work, however it has been discussed that I can concentrate on both since it is something that I enjoy doing and it is also the last SAISA ever as a senior graduating.
We have been playing games against the middle school boys which has been quite hard due to the fact that we have to communicate between each other, plan where to pass the ball, work as a team, jockey to defend and to actually want the ball with all our energy! Due to football I have been able to work collaboratively with others by making sure that we play as a team because this is really important in this sport. It also requires a lot of development of new skills and previous skills. By adding to my strengths and weaknesses I have also been able to develop new skills. For example I have become more confident dribbling the ball and crossing over.
I think that our team needs to play against more schools in order to improve our techniques on the field as well as to see how a proper game actually works. As a senior I feel like we have a strong team however we really need to pull it together these last two weeks of practice in order to make it even stronger! Overall I am really looking forward to this last SAISA and I hope that it will be great and that we actually win this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment